Daily devotions

Saturday

What I live "through" now … - and always

From Jostein Nielsen´s blog

After the first day in a private apartment after a dramatic week that has caught attention all over the world, it is sufficient for me to live. What I can accomplish of physical activities, is very limited. Even to get into trousers, can be compared to a long physical workout, so apart from doing the necessities of life, I shall just rest. Life is broken down to “just” to live – which is 100% OK. 

Because I love, I feel that I live. I love God, Magna, my family, people, nature, life, in fact anything that is worthy of love and honour. In some moments I have wondered if it was the adrenalin in my blood that helped me stay calm in the midst of it all, and that I had made a made a strenuous effort to compose myself. But this is not my accomplishment. I experienced a rest in God, a rest in the perfect love in the bizarre chaos caused by evil forces.


Of course there has been tears, of joy over life, and of sorrow over all those who have lost so much, but never one tear of bitterness, anger or frustration on behalf of myself. It all comes down to the boundless grace and unfathomable mystery that I live “through” him and “in” him. That is where my heart and my thoughts are kept – and it takes me to the verses were I am in my personal devotions: 


Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
1 John 4:8-9
Today’s ‘manna’
To live through him is to live through love.

No comments:

Post a Comment