Daily devotions

Thursday

Hillary Clinton Gets Personal on Christ and Her Faith

- New York Times - " - How you would say your beliefs align with the Ten Commandments and is that something that’s important to you?”

   The question gave Mrs. Clinton a rare opportunity to speak at length about her views on Christianity and the Bible. Below is her complete response:

    “Thank you for asking that. I am a person of faith. I am a Christian. I am a Methodist. I have been raised Methodist. I feel very grateful for the instructions and support I received starting in my family but through my church, and I think that any of us who are Christian have a constantly, constant, conversation in our own heads about what we are called to do and how we are asked to do it, and I think it is absolutely appropriate for people to have very strong convictions and also, though, to discuss those with other people of faith. Because different experiences can lead to different conclusions about what is consonant with our faith and how best to exercise it."

No comments:

Post a Comment