Daily devotions

Friday

The Stakes are High, The Time is Short

From JAC online - Book excerpt from 'Blood and Fireworks' by Lieutenant Xander Coleman

Do you know that you and I are in a war? Sometimes we don’t realise because we can’t see it, but all around us good forces and evil forces are fighting each other.

God is going to win the war, because He is Good, and stronger than any evil. But He wants you and me to help Him fight in this war to save the world from evil.

Before we can do that, though, Jesus needs to save us.

You see, if I died without knowing Jesus, I’d go to hell for eternity. And eternity is a VERY long time. That’s how high the stakes are.

It’s not as if you get a ‘do-over’ or a mulligan. This life you are living is the only kick at the can you get. After that, we all face God’s judgement. Time is short. And it is shorter for some people than for others. At any moment, my life could be over.

But the Lord Jesus Christ will save me from hell if I turn away from the evil inside me and believe in Him to make me new. And then He wants me to help Him rescue all of the rest of my family, friends, class mates, team mates, and neighbours before they tumble over the cliff into hell. It’s the same for you. To the rescue! The stakes are high, and the time is short!

This picture depicts what we’ve just explained. And we’ll show you other excellent pictures from The Salvation Army’s official periodical the War Cry from way back when your grandparents used to read the paper. We’ve collected all the best War Cry pictures we could find that stir up love for God and lost people and we explain them to you on each page. You can colour them in; you can memorise the Bible verse of the day; you can do one each day, if you like; you can share them with your friends. Read the story. Ask God to help you understand. And then colour away!

The Salvation Army’s way of doing things is ‘Capture, Train, Deploy’. We capture slaves of the devil for Jesus. We train them up to be warriors of Jesus. And we deploy them on the fronts of the salvation war.

No comments:

Post a Comment